Are you in North Carolina and want to see Shore Debris in person? My jewelry is available at this Sanford location:

Divine Designs by Nancy, 92 Amarillo Ln

You can also find my jewelry in this Southwest Florida gallery:

Elizabet Bryant Art Gallery, 200 West Dearborn Street, Englewood, FL 34223

Friday, November 26, 2010

Holiday Baking - 1 - Pumpkin Bread

My holiday baking has begun... and the Thanksgiving ritual since I left my parent's house - start with the pumpkin bread. (Yes, that is my diet pepsi in the background... only #2 for the day.)pumpkin bread loafIn my new gigantic mixing bowl - Thanks, Susan! - I mixed up the double batch for 6 loaves of bread. (1 for Thanksgiving, 1 for my parents, 1 for the in-laws and 3 for those impromptu hostess gifts I seem to always need).
pumpkin bread batter Here's my family recipe:
3 eggs
1 c. oil
3 c. sugar
2 1/2 c. pumpkin (can or fresh)
5 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3 tsp soda
2 c. walnuts
1 c. raisins

Blend eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin. Sift in flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt, and soda. Add chopped nuts and raisins. Bake at 350 for 1 1/4 hours for loaves or 45 min for muffins.

pumpkin bread loaf, side view Ahhhh... and I've sniffed the nutmeg, so now I'm in the spririt!

No comments: