Are you in North Carolina and want to see Shore Debris in person? My jewelry is available at this Sanford location:

Divine Designs by Nancy, 92 Amarillo Ln

You can also find my jewelry in this Southwest Florida gallery:

Elizabet Bryant Art Gallery, 200 West Dearborn Street, Englewood, FL 34223

Monday, May 16, 2011

In an ugly box...

can come such great stuff!A Used Brown Box This box recently appeared on my doorstep (one of those - oops, honey, I forgot to tell you "Mary Ann" stopped by - events).
I opened it up and took a gasp. You would not believe the number of beautiful vintage buttons that are in there!
From World War I and II military buttons
to ones that are purely decorative,
my button collection has gone from large to huge :) All thanks to a neighbor's mother downsizing her home. Sometimes I think I am way too lucky to have the great friends I do!

5 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

How fantastic! I love when people give me old stuff to play with! Looking at everything is so neat. ~Val

Lynn said...

Lucky you. I wish someone would drop off a box of treasures like that for me.

Amanda Lee said...

Wow! That is an amazing gift! I adore vintage buttons. You have lovely friends.

Almost Precious said...

Talk about winning the lottery ! What a wonderful stash of vintage buttons! After opening that box you should have gone out and purchased a lottery ticket as it was obviously your very lucky day.

Shore Debris said...

Wow! I wish I'd thought of the lottery ticket! I've probably missed my one chance at millions :)