Are you in North Carolina and want to see Shore Debris in person? My jewelry is available at this Sanford location:

Divine Designs by Nancy, 92 Amarillo Ln

You can also find my jewelry in this Southwest Florida gallery:

Elizabet Bryant Art Gallery, 200 West Dearborn Street, Englewood, FL 34223

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Best Pumpkin Bread

I'm very picky about my bakery items... like pastry crusts - I like no one's by mine.

Pumpkin bread falls in that category, too. Most bakeries serve me a slice of something way too dry to be a fancy bread in my book...

So here is batch 1 of this year's pumpkin bread:Only 2 more to go :) I'd make more than one batch at a time, but my bowl won't hold anymore than one batch... thus this year's christmas wish = gigantic mixing bowl.

Pumpkin Bread
Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup oil
3 cups sugar
1 can pumpkin (2 1/2 cups fresh pumpkin)
5 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons soda
2 cups walnuts
1 cup raisins
Directions:
Blend eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin. Sift in flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt, and soda. Add chopped nuts and raisins. Bake at 350 for 1 1/4 hours for loaves, 45 min for muffins.

1 comment:

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

I love a good pumpkin bread thanks for the recipe!! Also thanks for stopping by on my SITS day it is nice to meet you. Have a wonderful holiday season :)