Are you in North Carolina and want to see Shore Debris in person? My jewelry is available at this Sanford location:

Divine Designs by Nancy, 92 Amarillo Ln

You can also find my jewelry in this Southwest Florida gallery:

Elizabet Bryant Art Gallery, 200 West Dearborn Street, Englewood, FL 34223

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My New Pedometer

I've been posting my updates for the 100 mile fitness challenge weekly since October... which is probably getting boring, but I feel like if I show the world what I am doing every week, I'll be motivated to do more because I don't want people to think I am some little weakling.

In 2005, I began to almost religiously wear a pedometer and I found it a challenge to reach 5,000 steps per day (the literature I had was saying to be healthy, you needed 10,000 steps per day). I remember dropping the pedometer in the toilet at work (by accident - it fell off my belt) and never getting a new one in 2007.

Being without a job outside of the home over the last year had me worried (I've been trying to get back into shape since my knee replacement in December 2008 and know the expected time for "complete" recovery was to be 18 months.) I walk a lot since that was most of my therapy after I passed the 8 month mark, but was worried I am still not getting enough movement to be healthy.

So here is my pedometer from the Dollar Tree: I had such a happy surprise to find out that I am ranging 11,000-15,000 steps per day on weekdays and 8,500-10,500 on weekends. I am no longer quite so worried about my health as I was two weeks ago.

2 comments:

~Kristen~ said...

Wow!!! Way to go!!! Something tells me I don't even come anywhere close to that number of steps per day. I am thinking I should get a pedometer and find out! :-)

Lanyardlady said...

Nice. I should get one.