Are you in North Carolina and want to see Shore Debris in person? My jewelry is available at this Sanford location:

Divine Designs by Nancy, 92 Amarillo Ln

You can also find my jewelry in this Southwest Florida gallery:

Elizabet Bryant Art Gallery, 200 West Dearborn Street, Englewood, FL 34223

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Saint Patrick's Day

I had a friend ask me what I was making [jewelry-wise] for Saint Patrick's day... and then I thought, what am I making - I've never done clovers before...?

So sitting in front of the TV, I drew this (interupting my husband's viewing of the Colbert Report) and held it up to my neck to see if hubby thought it was the right size and could tell what it is supposed to be:

shamrock pendant sketch

(the "what it is supposed to be" is a new litmus test I've been using because I discovered I don't see some things the same way as others.)

And here's what came out when I played with the wire and a green glass bead:

saint patrick's day pendant Now, it just needs a jump ring and a green ribbon necklace.

2 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

Very lovely and creative! I wish I could work with wire but have no idea about weights, tools, etc.

Shore Debris said...

I started with floral wire and a multi-tool (to see if I liked working with wire and could make anything), then slowly graduated to jewelry wire and nicer tools.