Are you in North Carolina and want to see Shore Debris in person? My jewelry is available at this Sanford location:

Divine Designs by Nancy, 92 Amarillo Ln

You can also find my jewelry in this Southwest Florida gallery:

Elizabet Bryant Art Gallery, 200 West Dearborn Street, Englewood, FL 34223

Monday, July 27, 2009

Weaving a Magazine Coaster

Last week I was browsing the web for oragami patterns (I never actually end up where I am planning to go...) and came across a blog post on weaving coasters from magazine pages.

I decided to try it on one of the magazines I had lying around. It took me about 4 hours to get this far, but it felt nice - with unpacking boxes, yard work, building projects, etc, I haven't had a chance to really feel productive creatively.

Mine shows a lot more wear than the pictures on the other blog post, but I guess it is one of those practice makes perfect things...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now isn't that clever. I bet it's going to be gorgeous when you are finished. Noticed you are following my blog and wanted to say hi and thanks.

Shore Debris said...

Hi and you're welcome! I'm glad someone thinks it's going to be beautiful, becuase I almost wanted to give up on the idea altogether (and have come up with something else to do with my 3 foot stack of magazines) :P