Are you in North Carolina and want to see Shore Debris in person? My jewelry is available at this Sanford location:

Divine Designs by Nancy, 92 Amarillo Ln

You can also find my jewelry in this Southwest Florida gallery:

Elizabet Bryant Art Gallery, 200 West Dearborn Street, Englewood, FL 34223

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mom's New Work!

Do you ever go home and get completely surprised by what your mother has now created? Well, it should be no surprise to me... I grew up with most of my clothes being handmade; my mom has made pottery, comfortors, roman shades, oriental valance boxes, lamps out of vases and candlesticks, and just about everything you could think of.



But I've never seen her paint a picture. Here is a picture of her painting - a dog head triton sea shell (yes, we're all obsessed with shells):



The painting was acrylic on canvas and in a really neat and detailed wood frame. Maybe I was just so surprised by the creation because often times I think of us as craftspeople rather than artists?

Anyway, I like it so much that I've talked her into letting me share it with other people... I'm still working on whether to do prints with a matte finish or a glossy finish - but look for this guy soon on a set of notecards :)

No comments: