Are you in North Carolina and want to see Shore Debris in person? My jewelry is available at this Sanford location:

Divine Designs by Nancy, 92 Amarillo Ln

You can also find my jewelry in this Southwest Florida gallery:

Elizabet Bryant Art Gallery, 200 West Dearborn Street, Englewood, FL 34223

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A bit of Bali in Hawaii

In order to be able to get up and be on the road by 4AM for the Lava tour, my family stayed in a cute little bed and breakfast in the small town of Pahoa on the island of Hawaii - the Coconut Cottage. We made reservations at this B&B based on a phone recommendation from the gentleman with Lava Ocean Adventures, but had no idea where we were really staying.When my husband and I checked in, I couldn't believe we were holding the key to the Bali Spirit Suite. I have long been fascinated by all things Balinese. At the entrance to our room was a Bali Bed and here is a close up of the detail I like so much:At the head of our canopy bed was a traditional Balinese ceremonial umbrella. I wish I had a better picture, but it is the red fringe at the head of the bed. Now, unlike most versions I come across in the states, this is a real ceremonial umbrella - solid wood staff, not the plastic or hollow multi-piece pole that get passed off to tourists. Mom, yes, you would be very jealous... for those that don't know, about a year ago, she was trying to get a much larger Bali bed, the kind I think are like small rooms, into her South Florida home, but could not because the ceilings were too low.

No comments: