Are you in North Carolina and want to see Shore Debris in person? My jewelry is available at this Sanford location:

Divine Designs by Nancy, 92 Amarillo Ln

You can also find my jewelry in this Southwest Florida gallery:

Elizabet Bryant Art Gallery, 200 West Dearborn Street, Englewood, FL 34223

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My "New" Mini Display

Some days, I feel like I'm really lucky. Recently, my chiropractor liked a piece of jewelry I wore into my appointment... she REALLY liked it and offered to have a display at her reception desk. After weeks of looking at the plywood in my garage and having images of my jig saw creations, I finally came up with something that I think will work!The back piece is a salvaged cupboard door - not high quality wood or anything, but the cherry stain made it look nice. I glued cork to the inside piece to make it look like a frame and put some dark brown grossgrain ribbon around the edges of the cork. To hide the hole where the knob used to be, I glued on a few of the sea shells from my stash: It sits on a simple picture easel that I had bought at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but had yet to use. In front of the easel are two of my vintage pewter pieces - a mug holding lots of bookmarks
and a small plate holding stretchy bracelets and my business cards. I love having pewter with my jewelry at craft shows - the picture here definitely does not do it justice. The pewter compliments the bright and shiny silver by being of the same base color but never competing with it. How do you think my display turned out? Speaking of my chiropractor, are you near Sanford, NC? Need your back adjusted? Have neck pain? Want your hips realigned? I can highly recommend the small-town, friendly atmosphere, and individual attention you will get at Thompson Chiropractic, 317 W Main St, Sanford, NC 27332, (919) 776 - 1o2o.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Who could resist things in this display!

Shore Debris said...

oh, why thank you!

SmuTopia Jewelry said...

Your mini display is fantastic!!! I'll be hitting the flea market looking for old cabinet doors :) I already have a bunch of cork squares sitting in my craft closet--thanks for sharing such a great idea!

Shore Debris said...

You're quite welcome :)

LynnAnne said...

What a great display from things you had laying about! Really shows off your jewlery! Beautiful.