Are you in North Carolina and want to see Shore Debris in person? My jewelry is available at this Sanford location:

Divine Designs by Nancy, 92 Amarillo Ln

You can also find my jewelry in this Southwest Florida gallery:

Elizabet Bryant Art Gallery, 200 West Dearborn Street, Englewood, FL 34223

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Crafter's Block

Is this even a real phrase?

I feel like it is... (or at least I did from June until this past Saturday...) See this beautiful hawkwing conch. I got it from my mother in Cuba a day after Memorial Day and began working the copper wire around it immediately. (I remember the exact day because it was the day after we had both done a Guantanamo Bay craft fair.) Anyway, that piece came back to the states with me and has sat unfinished (wish I took a picture of it with the ends still flying around haphazardly) - albeit the wire was probably overworked as I tried and tried to make the ends do something that made sense. This past Saturday evening, I had an epiphany: Stop trying to do something outrageous and just do small spirals!I finished it and am now on a roll -18 large book marks, 2 small bookmarks, 5 cards, 2 pendants, and 1 pair of earrings. I would have stayed up all night Saturday and Sunday and kept making stuff, but since my husband doesn't get to enjoy every weekend at home, he doesn't like it if I hide in my crafting room the whole time :)

They weight has lifted, and I feel great!

No comments: